March 20, 2013

Single review: Thirty Seconds to Mars "Up in the Air"


4/6
I confess, Thirty Seconds to Mars fell off my radar for a while, but I was curious about the new single, so I gave it a listen.

Overall, I like it, but it has more of a dance feel, which I’m not sure works with Vocalist Jared Leto's vocals––it sounds like a remix of an unreleased single from their last album, This Is War. I'm still getting used to the new sound and the jury's still out on how it holds up.
The lyrics are the same thing we've been hearing from Thirty Seconds to Mars for years--Jaded, but passionate.  Leto has a ferocity about him that grabs your attention. The tone of the song calls for taking chances, and boldness.

I am very interested in what Love Lust Faith and Dreams (the new album due out on my 21) has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment