March 14, 2010

A Rant/PSA

I don't normally do this but, I have a public service announcement.
I understand sometimes you have to bring stuff with you, I had on me last night: one eyeshadow, two brushes two crayons, a cell phone, several cards (both credit/debit and store related), my ID et. I also acknowledge  that some outfits aren’t conducive to pockets (I ware cargos so I don’t have to face this issue). But if you’re at a show that is standing room only, or crowded in anyway, LEAVE THE BULKY PURSE/ BAG/BACKPACK AT HOME or check it. If the purse juts past your body more than a couple inches, I guarantee you will be obliviously hitting people, getting in people’s way and generally be “that girl” You don’t want to be that person at a sold out jammed to the walls show.  Hell , if you’re  near me, a seasoned concert goer and tiny metal head, you don’t want to be at any show with more than a very few people. )Also wear as thin a coat as you can justify, for the same problem.)  You also hold up the pat down line and make yourself look like a giant newbie.
Not only is your giant bag a danger to people who are jumping around and ducking through the crowd and generally  not keen on being smacked by a purse, its a danger to you.  People generally at concerts are there to have fun, bond and drink. (I got my cell back when it slipped out of my pocket last night!) However, people are human, and some people are assholes.  You could get robbed, or things could simply fall out/ get hurt.  And at concert hall, even the nicest ones, you will never see said stuff again.  At best its in the trash, at worst someone stole your cards. 

Please for your sake and mine, leave the giant bag at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment