April 23, 2010

Sneak peek review: Makeshift Prodogy

This isn’t something I normally do but I’ve been meaning to talk about these guys for a while now.

Makeshift Prodigy  Call themselves "indy/rock"  however, their sound is unlike anything I've ever heard so I’ve struggled with how best to describe them for quite some time now.

If Bullet for My Valentine collaborated with Lifehouse. I think they’d sound a little like these guys. It's a sound I’ve heard parts of before, but as a whole it's something entirely their own. Melodic vocals, engaging piano work, with a slightly 80s feel but not so much that its hindering. Yet despite this mellow vibe, there’s an undercurrent of substance and innovation that is distinctly lacking in a lot of music these days, especially when comparing their first album to their new work.

Tomorrow I’m going to a show so a longer review is forthcoming. I just had to get the word out about these guys.

This show and this next album should be interesting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment