May 19, 2010

Tangent: Bad fans and Booze.

This is a tangent that has been brewing in my brain since i started paying attention to the audience. Hell, some of it has been brewing for longer.

so here are some mini rants for you:
section one: Booze

  1. If you go to a show, don’t get to drunk to actually enjoy the show or drunk enough to bother other people. I’m not talking the “its my first time really drinking, and I had a beer/ shot too many” drunks. Those people i can deal with, they wobble a little, maybe even go politely puke somewhere. Everyone has a little too much occasionally, whatever, its cool. But I’ve run into far, far too many people so waisted they can’t stand properly, are being belligerent and oblivious, or are just plain rude.
  2. If you’re spilling your drink without anyone running into you, you can’t possibly have enough taste buds left to enjoy the taste, and you should not be trying to get more ‘buzzed.’ True story. My girlfriend and I were at a show at the lovely Metro on the floor. Someone on the balcony above repeatedly spilled her beer on us and the people around us. I brushed it off the first few times. It got bad enough that one of the other gals got security to talk to her. Her response: “where did my beer go?” perhaps another point should be “if you don’t notice it’s missing, you don’t need it.”
  3. Nearly knock me over, hit me hard enough to really hurt * or try to shove me out of the way while your trying to carry drinks and you will get elbowed/ shoved back. I have no issue defending myself/ my space. (see section 2: Bad fans)
  4. If you are so drunk that you are crying, its time to stop.
  5. Don’t even try if you’re under 21, you will get caught. Have the grace to go drink at a house, or a parking lot or somewhere where there aren’t dozens of security guards.
Section 2: Bad Fans
  1. If you arrived late, your ass is stuck in the back, I’m sorry. No, I will not move if you shove me out of the way. I will let you past but this is my spot. I got here at door. You couldn’t be arsed to stand through the openers? Tough titties. The exception to my spot guarding is the polite, 5’1 and under people who aren’t shovy and just really want to see, if i can see over you and you can’t see past me, you’re free to have some of the space in front of me. We’re all in this to enjoy the show. Or if you say “excuse me I’m just trying to get to my friend,” Fine, by all means nothing is scarier than getting isolated in a wild crowd.
  2. I am not paying to see your cell phone/ camera. I know you brought the camera to snag a few shots of the act, fine and dandy. Don’t just sit there with your camera in front of my face. Snag, and stash. I’m not paying to watch TV on a shitty LCD.
  3. If you shove, I will shove back. I have no problems doing so. I except some of this but if you’re being a shit, I’ll be a worse one guaranteed. and I’ll do it without bothering my bubble-mates. I’ m fine with a little jostling, that's par for the course.
  4. Don’t split up, you won’t find them again: This is mostly for the really huge packed crowds at places like areas/ on the floor. If your friend is buried in the crowd and you decided to get a beer mid show, you are stuck, I’m sorry.
*I’m not talking about dancing/ being to close to the pit. I’m talking about drunkedly carrying your beer in a way that i get hit in the head by your elbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment