July 25, 2011

Album Reivew: Parachute" The Way It Was"

I found Parachute( not to be confused with the New Zeland band “Parachute Band”) when I missed them at the Goo Goo Dolls show a few weeks back. I picked up their newest album and finally found the time to give it a listen.

Overall I enjoy it, but its not keeping my attention. Parachute strikes me as average alternative rock. Worth the money for the CD, but not worth really keeping tabs on.

This isn’t a bad album, however I think this band really needs to find their own sound. THey are still green and as with many young bands, they have not yet grown a sound that stands out from the countless other alternative rock bands. The lyrics are just as redundant and generic as the rest of their sound-- filled with run fo the mill teenage love songs and breakups, meant for driving in the summer.

Even their ‘deeper’ song “Forever and Always” didn’t really catch me untill the last verse, by then i’ve typically hit skip.

I’d see them again live, but i wouldn’t actively seek them. I would love to see them touring with other bands that I enjoy, however.ow this CD.

Likely influences: Mayday Parade and Owl City.

Solid band, but they need to push the envelope more. If they exploded their own sound, I think they have a lot of potential to be a very good band.

No comments:

Post a Comment